This course introduces the key skills of problem solving and computer programming, including the elementary programming concepts of documentation, data elements, sequence, selection, and iteration.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 1 - 2020.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Comprehend the concepts of programming;
2. Analyse a programming problem and design a solution;
3. Code a solution to a problem;
4. Test and document program solutions.
- Programming language syntax
- Elementary programming concepts and structures
- Problem analysis techniques
- Program design and development
- Documentation techniques
- Testing and debugging techniques
- Use of programs to manipulate multimedia files
Written Assignment: Programming assignment 1
Written Assignment: Programming assignment 2
Formal Examination: Final Examination *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Minimum Grade / Mark Requirement - Students must obtain a specified minimum grade / mark in this assessment item to pass the course. - Students whose overall mark in the course is 50% or more, but who score less than 40% in the compulsory item and thus fail to demonstrate the required proficiency, will be awarded a Criterion Fail grade, which will show as FF on their formal transcript. However, students in this position who have scored at least 25% in the compulsory assessment item will be allowed to undertake a supplementary 'capped' assessment in which they can score at most 50% of the possible mark for that item.