Students choose between undertaking EITHER 1) a (local, interstate or international) placement of 80 hours including a supervised project of benefit to the host organisation OR 2) an approved (local, interstate or international) study tour with a careers focus. This course connects the world of university study to the local or global workplace, supplying experience in applying existing skills and the opportunity to acquire new skills and networks. It provides a practical platform for students to develop areas of study into careers.
Not currently offered.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of the local and global career pathways available for Humanities and Social Science graduates
2. Organise a successful placement or study tour
3. Apply skills and knowledge obtained in their degree studies in the workplace or local or global settings
4. Effectively communicate their placement/study tour experiences across different media and formats
Students will participate in a local or global placement activity that will enhance their education, cultural awareness, and future career prospects. Activities could include internships / work placements, volunteering placements, cultural tours, short courses, workshops or masterclasses, or language school study. Students must receive formal approval before commencing this course and will then be responsible for arranging their own placement and travel. On commencing this course but before undertaking their activity, students will complete a compulsory health and safety induction and pre-departure workshop. Upon return, students will submit items for assessment that combine techniques and technologies to record and reflect on their placement experience.
Students are required to complete and submit the HUMA2000 Expression of Interest Survey prior to enrolment.
Written Assignment: Plans and Goals (10%) *
Online Learning Activity: Pre-Departure Induction Tutorial (15%) *
Journal: Reflective Journal (45%) *
Presentation: Post-Trip Audio/Visual Presentation (30%) *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Presentation: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- Journal: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- Online Learning Activity: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- Written Assignment: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.