This course is a research or industry placement course, which provides an opportunity for a student to work as part of a research laboratory, or within industry.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2020.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Function effectively in a research group or industry team
2. Demonstrate a professional and ethical approach to the work
3. Understand and be able to communicate the purpose and importance of the work within a wider context
4. Demonstrate the ability to adapt to a new environment and to take responsibility for learning within that environment
5. Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills in biomedical science to the work
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the placement provider and its operations within the STEM industry context
Industry Placement/ research project
This course is only available to students who are active in the Bachelor of Biomedical Science (40097) - Advanced Medical Research major or the Industry / Science major.
Report: Placement or Research Supervisor Report *
Written Assignment: Written Assignment *
Interview: Oral Interview *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Placement: There is a compulsory attendance requirement in this course.
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Interview: Attempt / Submission Requirement - Students must attempt/submit this assessment item to pass the course.
- Written Assignment: Attempt / Submission Requirement - Students must attempt/submit this assessment item to pass the course.
- Report: Attempt / Submission Requirement - Students must attempt/submit this assessment item to pass the course.
- WHS Requirement - Students must complete a Workplace Safety Induction or Risk Assessment.