This course is a research or industry placement course, which provides an opportunity for a student to work as part of a research laboratory, or within industry.
- Semester 2 - 2021
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Function effectively in a research group or industry team
2. Demonstrate a professional and ethical approach to the work
3. Understand and be able to communicate the purpose and importance of the work within a wider context
4. Demonstrate the ability to adapt to a new environment and to take responsibility for learning within that environment
5. Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills in biomedical science to the work
Industry Placement/ research project.
Report: Placement or Research Supervisor Report *
Written Assignment: Written Assignment *
Interview: Oral Interview *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Placement: There is a compulsory attendance requirement in this course.
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Interview: Attempt / Submission Requirement - Students must attempt/submit this assessment item to pass the course.
- Written Assignment: Attempt / Submission Requirement - Students must attempt/submit this assessment item to pass the course.
- Report: Attempt / Submission Requirement - Students must attempt/submit this assessment item to pass the course.
- WHS Requirement - Students must complete a Workplace Safety Induction or Risk Assessment.
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 3 Weeks
Face to Face Off Campus 16 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks
May be on campus placement
Face to Face On Campus 8 hour(s) per Week for 1 Weeks