This course further develops the skills and knowledge needed to complete a research project for the Bachelor of Health Science (Honours). Students will perform the methods developed for their research project, analyse and interpret their data under academic supervision.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2020
This course is part of a multi-term sequence. Both Part A and Part B must be completed to meet the requirements of the sequence. Part A and Part B must be completed in consecutive terms. Students must complete Part A before completing Part B. Students must complete the sequence within a twelve month period. If students complete Part A but are unable to complete Part B within the timeframe, they must re-enrol in Part A.
This course replaces the following course(s): HLSC4402. Students who have successfully completed HLSC4402 are not eligible to enrol in HLSC4404B.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Conduct research under supervision, including: a) Conducting systematic critical appraisal of literature related to the research question. b) Demonstrating the application of research strategies. c) Collecting data ethically and appropriately. d) Analysing, interpreting and synthesising data.
2. Articulate their research project results and discuss their significance in relation to the current research evidence base and current practice.
3. Demonstrate advanced oral and written communication skills including the presentation of a research report.
1. Individual academic Honours supervision relevant to the student's Honours research project, related to the collection/organisation of data and the interpretation of results from analysis including:
- Refining the testable hypothesis
- Adjusting research methodologies accordingly
- Implementing research plan
- Assessing outcome measures
- Synthesising results and outcome measures
2. Managing research project
3. Presenting research results (written and oral)
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) program.
Completion of HLSC4404A
Written Assignment: Written Assignment
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Term Full Term