A supervised literature review is undertaken which addresses a research question related to the program in which the student is enrolled.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2018.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Develop a protocol for a literature review of a clinical/research topic.
2. Comprehensively search the literature using appropriate keywords and databases.
3. Critically appraise literature relevant to a clinical/research topic or question.
4. Prepare a critically appraised review of the topic.
5. Discuss the implications of the report.
6. Demonstrate competent verbal and written skills.
7. Use Endnote for citing and the management of references
- Refining a clinical/research question or topic.
- Developing a proposal and report for critically appraising a clinical/research topic.
- Literature searching methods.
- Critical appraisal of research literature.
- Identifying levels of evidence in the research literature.
- Presentation of results of the critically appraised topic.
Students assumed knowledge to equate to the successful completion of their program to the end of the second year.
Written Assignment: Written Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Written Assignment 2
Presentation: Presentation -Individual