HLSC3006 allows students to build on their experiences as learners to develop skills as effective teachers. The course will cover teaching theory and effective teaching in the tertiary sector. Students will be required to develop and deliver an education resource.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2018
- Semester 2 - 2019
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Describe tertiary education theory
2. Develop learning objectives and outcomes
3. Apply education theory to participation as a tutor in clinical and non-clinical education
4. Apply teaching methods appropriate to the group of learners, the mode of study and the subject material
5. Apply tertiary education theory to a reflective and critical evaluation of personal, peer and team member educational opportunities
6. Demonstrate appropriate and effective communication with social and cultural sensitivity.
- Adult education theories and principles
- Models of learning
- Communication skills
- Clinical and non-clinical teaching at a University level
- Curriculum planning and review
Students must have completed a minimum 160 units of core courses in their program.
Written Assignment: Educational Theories as Part of Teaching Practice
Proposal / Plan: Develop an education resource
Presentation: Video Presentation
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term starting in week 1