Enterprise Development and Growth examines how enterprise leaders and senior managers develop organisational capabilities, competencies and strategies to create and achieve appropriate strategic objectives in increasingly volatile national and global environments. The focus is upon ways to pursue enterprise success in the context of dramatic environmental change, increasing competitor activity, and the enterprise's ability to develop and implement strategies. Enterprise Development and Growth also emphasises development of critical enterprise decision-making, problem solving and communication abilities by enterprise leaders and senior managers.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Trimester 2 - 2019
- Trimester 3 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate and utilise relevant theories, concepts and models underpinning enterprise strategy to understand the challenges and opportunities faced by enterprises in a volatile global environment;
2. Strategically assess major emerging trends that may impact enterprise success;
3. Critically analyse and evaluate the present position, long-term direction, resource and competitive capabilities of an enterprise, the effectiveness of its strategies, and its opportunities for maintaining sustainable competitive advantage and relevance in turbulent environments;
4. Evaluate a range of leadership skills and ethical practices critical for sustainable, responsible enterprise success;
5. Demonstrate an advanced ability to create, implement and evaluate enterprise strategies in complex, real-world case studies and a major work-based project.
Topics will include a selection from:
- Nature, theories and practice of enterprise strategy for times of dramatic change
- Key trends and practices in enterprise
- Strategic analysis for turbulent environments
- Setting direction and objectives for enterprise success
- Creating, implementing and evaluating effectiveness of strategies to achieve enterprise objectives
- Planning, problem-solving, decision-making and communication approaches, processes and behaviours appropriate to enterprise development and success
- The critical role and development of enterprise innovative capability into a core competence
- Enterprise leadership capabilities
- Ethical behaviour in enterprise strategy.
Essay: Individual written essay
Report: Group work-based project report
Presentation: Group work-based project presentation
Formal Examination: Final examination
Online 10 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks
The above hours are recommended for all students for this course. Further information regarding online activities will be provided in the course outline.