Requires students to prepare a critical review of the literature that summarises the major research issues and their contributions and identifies a suitable research problem and associated research questions. The course prepares students for their research project through developing a framework for the dissertation based on relevant literature.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Trimester 2 - 2017.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Access, analyse and evaluate the literature and research relevant to their area of interest
2. Develop a research question and a framework based on the literature studied
3. Interpret the role of a literature review within a dissertation
4. Construct a coherent argument for their own research based on the literature
5. Write in an appropriate academic style
6. Write a literature review
The course content will be individually tailored following discussions between the student and supervisor. Topics will include:
- Defining the topic
- Developing the research question
- Developing literature maps
- Evaluating the relevant literature
- Developing an argument
- Academic writing requirements
60 units of DBA courses
Written Assignment: Literature Critique
Annotated Bibliography: Annotated Bibliography
Literature Review: Literature Review