This course enables students to combine learnings from their previous courses to prepare a research proposal. The proposal will incorporate a well-defined and justified research topic grounded in literature and able to be implemented through an appropriate research design incorporating the most effective research methods and within the required time period for a DBA. Students will also develop an ethics application based on their proposal and gain an understanding of the skills required to manage their research and work with supervisors.
- Trimester 3 - 2019
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understand the role of the research proposal in the context of undertaking a DBA dissertation or PhD.
2. Define and justify their proposed research and its proposed contribution within the literature.
3. Design a program of research appropriate to their research objectives.
4. Develop a full research proposal.
5. Complete an application for ethics approval.
The topics in this course include the following:
- Purpose and function of the research proposal
- Developing sections within the proposal
- Establishing research contribution
- Research Plans
- Managing research projects
- Ethics approval policies and procedures
- Writing up the proposal
GSBR6101 Foundations of Business Research; GSBR6102 Literature Review and GSBR6103 Research Methods
Written Assignment: Short written critiques posted online and peer reviews.
Written Assignment: Ethics Application
Written Assignment: Research Proposal
Online 20 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Students are expected to take an average of 20 hours per week in preparing for and participating in the course.