This course aims to develop and improve all German language skills by building on the skills acquired in GRMN3503. While continuing to strengthen communicative competence in spoken German, the focus is increasingly on formal grammar and translation skills for written language. Students' ability to appreciate cultural products of German speaking societies will also be further enhanced.
Availability2021 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2021
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of oral and written texts in German at an advanced level.
2. Produce oral and written texts in German about topics of personal relevance and everyday life.
3. Apply appropriate modes of interaction in German-speaking society incorporating cross-cultural competence.
4. Think critically and reflect on their learning process.
Areas that will be treated in GRMN3504 include:
- Consolidating language skills necessary for tertiary study in Germany
- Writing set pieces such as free compositions in German on a range of everyday social topics.
GRMN3503 or equivalent
Portfolio: Portfolio 1 (40%)
Portfolio: Portfolio 2 (40%)
Quiz: Online Quizzes (20%)
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.