German Language 1B Elementary
Continues to develop the language skills of students who have completed GRMN1501 or an equivalent program of study such as German at 2UZ HSC level, a WEA or a German Saturday School program, or a stay in Germany.
Students are equipped to expand these skills during further study or direct exposure to the language, e.g. via Exchange Programs.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. To consolidate and extend listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in German language
2. To demonstrate an understanding of and communicate in German about selected everday topics
3. To acquire knowledge of the German-speaking world and appropriate modes of interaction in German-speaking society
4. To develop the capacity to think critically and organise time effectively
This course follows on from GRMN1501. It consolidates and expands on the major grammatical structures through content that features cultural, social, geographical, historical and political aspects of German-speaking societies. Students will further develop the four metaskills (listening, speaking, reading and writing), which will allow them
- to comprehend everyday language
- to engage in everyday spoken language
- to read and understand short texts in the realm of everyday life
to write stories about everyday events.
This course replaces the following course(s): . Students who have successfully completed are not eligible to enrol in GRMN1502.
GRMN1501 or equivalent
Written Assignment: Language Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Language Assignment 2
Quiz: 4 x Online Quizzes
Formal Examination: Formal Examination *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term