Students will actively engage with a variety of registers of French via a series of translations both into and out of French.
Availability2017 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2017
- Semester 2 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate higher-order grammatical and translation skills;
2. Use varying registers of language appropriately;
3. Translate simple literary and journalistic texts to and from French.
- A series of guided readings in the area of translation theory and application;
- A series of assessed translation exercises.
This course replaces FREN3900. If you have successfully completed FREN3900 you cannot enrol in this course.
FREN3610/FREN3620 or equivalent
Written Assignment: 5 Translation exercise assessments
In Term Test: 3 in-class tests
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 Weeks
This course will be delivered online via a series of guided readings and self-directed learning exercises on Blackboard. Occasional on-campus meetings (Callaghan) to be arranged as necessary. Independent study equiv. to 10 hrs per wk for 13 wks.