Students will focus on a number of aspects of higher-order and high-register French grammatical structures, using these in order to translate sentences from English into French.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a heightened understanding of French grammar;
2. Demonstrate high-level sentence-construction skills;
3. Demonstrate an ability to adapt and utilize actively a range of written registers.
- Close reading of specific grammar problems in situ;
- Grammar exercises, including translation of short sentences;
- Series of grammar tests.
FREN3610/FREN3620 or equivalent.
Written Assignment: 3 written assignments
In Term Test: 2 in-class tests
Formal Examination: Formal Exam *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 Weeks
BlackBoard to be used as principal means of delivery. Occasional on-campus meetings to be arranged as necessary. Independent study equivalent to 10 hour(s) per Week for 13 Weeks.