This course provides an introduction to the field of exercise and sport science. This is the stepping stone to engage with scientific foundations of exercise science and sport. Students will be exposed to the fundamental principles of exercise science and the structure of the industry, as well as career opportunities and pathways.
- Semester 1 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Comprehend the nature of exercise and sport science.
2. Describe how energy is used in the human body during locomotion.
3. Describe the acute cardiopulmonary responses to rest and exercise.
4. Describe the structure and function of the neuromuscular system.
5. Demonstrate skills in literature searching, research evaluation and data analysis.
6. Demonstrate basic practical skills in exercise and sports science.
Work and Energy
Practical skills for exercise and sport science
This course replaces SPOR1010. If you have successfully completed SPOR1010 you cannot enrol in this course.
Formal Examination: Formal Examination
Participation: Group Tutorial participation and contribution
In Term Test: In Class Examinaton
Quiz: Online Quizzes
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Laboratory: Attendance Requirement - Students must attend a minimum number of these sessions. - Students must attend 80% of scheduled laboratories.
- Laboratory: Induction Requirement - Students must attend and pass the induction requirements before attending these sessions. - In order to participate in this course students must complete a compulsory lab induction.
Face to Face On Campus 12 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term