Modern World Literature
The course introduces students to a number of modern texts of international significance, thus familiarising them with major aspects of current world literature. Texts written by foreign-language authors are examined in English translation.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2015.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. demonstrate awareness of contemporary debates and issues in English or Creative Writing;
2. acquire advanced interpretive skills in comprehension of contemporary theory and practice in English or Creative Writing;
3. demonstrate the ability to conduct research independently, and to express clear and informed arguments, orally and in writing, on aspects of English or Creative Writing;
4. demonstrate skills in writing an extended analytic essay or creative project demonstrating engagement with and knowledge of a chosen topic or theme at the advanced undergraduate level;
5. 5. display awareness of the research-led writing process in English or Creative Writing
The course aims to provide an insight into major modern writers. Students will
- Engage in close reading of prose, verse and dramatic texts.
- Engage in practical criticism of literary technique
- Express opinions about and give reasoned responses to texts
20 units of English at 1000 level
Report: Written Reports
Essay: Final Essay