Advanced Digital Communications
The course introduces topics and concepts in the areas of communications, coding and information theory. The course will introduce topics on information and coding theory applied to telecommunication systems. The course will then discuss coding techniques. The course will cover important techniques such as OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing) and spread spectrum, used in broadband communication systems. It will also discuss some advanced topics on wireless communication.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2014.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Learn the fundamental results in Information Theory.
2. Understand how to use the results in Information Theory in communication system design.
3. Design some popular codecs used widely in industry
4. Understand and use the principles of OFDM and spread spectrum techniques.
5. Understand the basics of multi-antenna communication systems
This course replaces the following course(s): ELEC4560. Students who have successfully completed ELEC4560 are not eligible to enrol in ELEC4570.
This course replaces ELEC4560. If you have successfully completed ELEC4560 you cannot enrol in this course.
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Laboratory Assignments