Digital and Computer Electronics 2
The course takes the students through various steps involved in designing practical embedded software. It also introduces the basic building blocks of an embedded system.
- Trimester 3 - 2016 (Singapore)
- Trimester 1 - 2017 (Singapore)
- Semester 1 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Develop software for commonly used embedded devices.
2. Program a data storage device in low level and interface that with an embedded product.
3. Learn the techniques used in developing a simple single-tasking operating system.gn
4. Use a real-time operating system to simplify his/her design.
5. Read, understand and modify the embedded software developed by other professional developers.
1. ARM core
2. C programming for ARM core
3. Commonly used peripherals including timers, UARTs, SPI bus, 12C, A/D converters, PWMs
4. Interfacing text and graphic LCDs and touchscreens
5. Common wireless communication interfaces
7. Real-time operating systems
Formal Examination: Formal Examination
Callaghan and UoN Singapore
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term