Introduces students to the principles and practices of digital logic design using programmable logic devices and CAD tools. Topics include programmable logic devices and structures, design tools, hardware description language, datapath design, and control-unit design.
Availability2019 Course Timetables
- Trimester 1 - 2019 (Singapore)
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Use HDL and CAD tools to design digital circuits.
2. Design a single cycle MIPS processor.
3. Understand and design pipelined circuits and processors.
- Programmable Logic Devices
- Altera's design tools
- Computer Architecture and Performances
- MIPS Instruction Set Architecture
- Arithmetic for Computers
- The Processor: Datapath and Control
- Hardware decription language
- Project involving the design of an embedded microcontroller
Formal Examination: Formal Examination
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term