This course introduces students to the principles and practice of microcomputer systems engineering. The content is in two sections. The first section covers microprocessor/microcontroller system design and interfacing, as well as assembly language programming. The second section covers C programming for embedded applications.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Trimester 2 - 2018 (Singapore).
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Illustrate their understanding of digital system design
2. Demonstrate their ability to program an embedded system in assembly language
3. Demonstrate their ability to program an embedded system in C.
4. Operate as an integral member of a small team.
1) Microprocessor/controller systems:
- Microcomputer organisation
- Microprocessor/microcontroller architecture
- Assembly language programming
- Interrupts, inputs/outputs, peripherals, interfacing
2) C Programming
- C programming revision
- C programming for embedded targets
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Assignments
Formal Examination: Formal Examination