This course will introduce students to approaches for designing Integrated Curriculum which they will implement using multi-level pedagogies during a 25 day block of full time professional experience in a Primary school setting. During their professional experience opportunity, students will attempt to demonstrate their attainment of Graduate Teacher Standards, and have an opportunity to engage in the full life of the school including student sport, playground supervision, faculty/grade/stage meetings and school activities and functions, as required.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 1 - 2020.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Construct and implement an integrated unit of work;
2. Engage in critical reflection on their professional practice;
3. Demonstrate their attainment of graduate teacher standards;
4. Teach using a range of multi-level pedagogies; and
5. Engage in the full life of school including student sport, playground supervision, faculty/grade/stage meetings and school activities and functions.
- Approaches to Integrating Curriculum.
- Multi-Level Pedagogies.
- Frameworks for Reflective Practice.
- Graduate Teacher Standards.
- Group Learning
Student must be active in the Master of Teaching (Primary) (11714) program, have completed 70 units including successful completion of EDUC6711 and EDUC6762 to enrol in this course.
Students must have successfully completed 70 units to enrol in this course including EDUC6711 and EDUC6762.
Successfully completed 70 units including EDUC6711 & EDUC6762
Professional Task: Integrated Unit of Work 25%
Written Assignment: Professional Reflection 25%
Professional Task: Professional Experience Report 50% *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Lecture: There is a compulsory attendance requirement in this course.
- Tutorial: There is a compulsory attendance requirement in this course.
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Professional Task: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- Anaphylaxis Training - Students must complete approved anaphylaxis training.
- Child Protection Awareness Training - Students must complete approved child protection awareness training.
- Working with Children - A national criminal history check and review of findings of misconduct involving children, required for any child-related work.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.