This course critically explores the leadership and management of educational change in the contemporary context.
- Trimester 2 - 2022
- Semester 2 - 2022
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Investigate and critically engage with the concepts, principles, and research findings relating to educational change processes;
2. Reflect upon and analyse educational change issues and the relationship to strategic management; and
3. Develop strategic planning for initiating change in an educational setting.
Indicative content will include:
- Theories of educational change
- Historical and contemporary developments in educational change processes
- Strategic management perspectives and planning
- Issues related to educational change management
This course replaces EDUC6034. If you have successfully completed EDUC6034 you cannot enrol in this course.
Written Assignment: Essay and Discussion
Project: Project (50%) and Discussion (10%)
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Classes are usually scheduled in 2hrs per week, but may be compressed in workshop form or blended modes
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.