To provide students with the opportunity to explore ways in which ICT can be transformative in terms of student learning. Students will also be given the opportunity to develop skills in the project based implementations of ICT technology.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Gain an understanding of project based learning in relation to ICT;
2. Broad overview of the use of specific ICT applications;
3. Understand the ICT needs of students in modern educational contexts; and
4. Develop meaningful learning experiences that utilize ICT in effective ways.
The following list indicates indicative course content:
- Investigating and Experimenting Technologies;
- Constructing a technologically mediated learning environment;
- Educational use of laptops in 1:1 classroom environment;
- Project and Inquiry Based Learning;
- Instructional strategies & ICT;
- ICT-Focused Project;
- Laptops; Robotics;
- Digital Natives and the Knowledge Economy;
- Hacking Cultures;
- Gaming Cultures;
- Digital Divide;
- Learning in New Times;
- Net generation.
This course replaces EDUC6040. If you have successfully completed EDUC6040 you cannot enrol in this course.
Online Learning Activity: Online contributions
Written Assignment: Unit of Work & Discussion paper
Integrated Learning Session
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term