The course will provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to design and implement assessment practices at an intermediate level (that of a practicing educator).
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2019.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Articulate an understanding of current knowledge about the different functions of assessment;
2. Articulate an understanding of current knowledge about the different forms of assessment;
3. Demonstrate the capacity to design assessment of different form, for different functions;
4. Analyse and critique the links between assessment, curriculum and pedagogy;
5. Design a suite of assessments for use in a real curricular context.
This course introduces students to:
- Current state of the field knowledge about the functions of assessment;
- Current state of the field knowledge about the forms of assessment;
- Design considerations for specific assessments;
- An understanding of assessment as one of the message systems of learning, in relation to curriculum and pedagogy;
- Design considerations of assessment within a larger curriculum unit.
Written Assignment: Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Assignment 2