This course provides an introduction to key concepts and strategies in both critically analysing and designing robust research in a variety of inclusive, special education and disability service settings. Students will learn to appraise journal articles and other sources, identify the level of rigour in published studies, and how to design studies from a wide range of methodological perspectives.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2020
- Semester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. identify and discuss the core features of scientifically defensible research and where it is published;
2. apply the important features of robust research designs to an investigation in their own work settings.
Topics will include:
- Defining critical analysis of published research studies
- Design elements in robust research
- Qualitative and quantitative approaches to data analysis
- Locating reliable sources and disseminating data in the best forum
- Applying research designs in inclusive, special education or disability service settings.
Written Assignment: Critical analysis of research
Written Assignment: Research to practice
Proposal / Plan: Design a research study
Integrated Learning Session
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term