This subject provides an overview of technology education. It is designed to introduce students to the policy, practicalities and research which underpins technology education. The subject will also examine the ways in which technology education can be used to support and extend student learning. Attention is given to the integration of theory and practice, and in particular, the application of research findings to computer usage in art and design education.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2018
- Semester 1 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Research issues underpinning technology education and the arts
2. Demonstrate ways in which technology is employed in educational settings
3. Extend their fundamental understandings of issues which relate to its use
4. Make distinctions between the notions of "educational technology", "design based education" and "technology education"
This subject will explore current issues in relation to technology, and relate this to wider educational research and practice.Key content areas will include:
- Critical examination of issues related to technology education
- A consideration of the roles of policy in technology education
- Research underpinning technology education
- Depth study of a specific technology-computer technology in any given curriculum area.
Essay: Essay: Technology Enhancing Educational Experiences
Essay: Essay: Technology in Educational settings
Online Learning Activity: Depth Study Resource
Integrated Learning Session
Online 3 hour(s) per Week for 9 Weeks