This course will extend students' understanding of calculus and related applications. The course will examine topics such as ordinary differential equations, multiple integrals, limits and continuity, and real or complex variable analysis. The course will also examine current related pedagogical models within the field of secondary mathematics.
- Semester 1 - 2022
- Semester 2 - 2022
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. understand study of calculus (analysis) involving topics such as ordinary differential equations, multiple integrals, limits and continuity, real or complex variable analysis;
2. appreciate the mathematical knowledge and beliefs that learners bring to a learning task;
3. apply a range of strategies for teaching secondary mathematics; and
4. recognise the common misconceptions that students may have in about the mathematical content covered.
- study of calculus (analysis) involving topics such as ordinary differential equations, multiple integrals, limits and continuity, real or complex variable analysis
- teaching strategies related to mathematical content
- common misconceptions related to the mathematical content
EDUC6102 - Mathematics Curriculum Studies 1
In Term Test: Mathematics Content Examination
Written Assignment: Mathematics Content Assignment
Online Learning Activity: Online Discussion Task
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.