To provide students with the opportunity to explore ways in which ICT can be transformative in terms of student learning. Students will also be given the opportunity to develop skills in the use of web2.0 technologies within teaching and learning contexts.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Gain an understanding of Web2.0 learning in relation to ICT;
2. Gain a broad overview of the educational use of specific online learning and teaching ICT applications;
3. Understand the ICT needs of students in modern educational contexts; and
4. Develop meaningful learning experiences that utilize Web2.0 technologies in effective ways.
The following list indicates indicative course content:
- Communicating and Community Building Technologies;
- Web 2.0 and Beyond;
- Online Teaching & Learning;
- Blogging, Wiks, Folksonomies, Podcasting, Vodcasting;
- E-Learning; Web Pedagogies (ie. WebQuests); Virtual Community Building; Avatars & Online Identities; Second Life.
- Futures of technology and learning
Essay: Context and historical development of online environments and their current educational impact
Online Learning Activity: Four (4) Specific Practical Online Tasks
Integrated Learning Session
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Equivalent of 2 hours per week for Weblearn students.