Provides a comprehensive introduction to the theory, research and implementation protocols which support the design and evaluation of communication interventions for individuals with moderate or severe disability.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2017.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Stimulate critical analysis of and discussion about aspects of theory, research and practical communication support for people with disabilities
2. Provide a framework for you to use the evidence base in communication intervention to support a person you work or interact with
- Key concepts and definitions in communication intervention
- Teaching strategies
- Evaluation processes
- Communication and challenging behaviour
- Perspectives on theory, research and practice: future directions
Two years of relevant professional experience and/or a relevant graduate qualification
Written Assignment: Assessment and Programming
Written Assignment: Instruction and Evaluation