Introduces the range of approaches to managing student behaviour including what a whole-school approach is; the Effective Behaviour Support Model; the importance of whole school approaches in the context of the home, school and community; and whole school approaches such as discipline and restitution models and their implementation.
Availability2017 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. examine issues involved in the provision of quality interventions in the field of emotional disturbance and behaviour disorders.
- Introduction to whole school approaches to behaviour
- The Effective Behaviour Support Model and its application.
- Whole school approaches and home, school and community issues.
- Specific whole school approaches (e.g. bullying, resilience).
- The use of both student and staff development resources.
Written Assignment: Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Essays/Written Assignments and case study
Written Assignment: Assignment 2
Integrated Learning Session
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Equivalent 2hrs per week face to face.