Introduces the range of approaches to managing student behaviour including what a whole-school approach is; the Effective Behaviour Support Model; the importance of whole school approaches in the context of the home, school and community; and whole school approaches such as discipline and restitution models and their implementation.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. explain why whole school approaches in managing problem behaviour is effective
2. describe a whole school behaviour model and its application in schools.
3. recognise the link between whole school approaches, home, school and community issues.
4. locate various electronic resources on whole school approaches
5. understand their local school community and the use of both student and staff development resources
Examine the effectiveness of whole school approaches in the provision of quality interventions in the field of emotional disturbance and behaviour problems.
Written Assignment: Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Essays/Written Assignments and case study
Written Assignment: Assignment 2
Integrated Learning Session
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Equivalent 2hrs per week face to face.