This course is the first of two courses that involve students in the design and conduct of an independent research project and the production of a written thesis. The project and thesis must sit within the field of educational scholarship and research.
Not currently offered.
This course replaces the following course(s): EDUC4990. Students who have successfully completed EDUC4990 are not eligible to enrol in EDUC4975.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a capacity to conduct an independent research project.
2. Critically analyse educational research and scholarship.
3. Work effectively with a research mentor or supervisor.
Topic and project focus developed in conjunciton with supervisor.
Literature Review: Literature Review *
Project: Project Methodology and methods *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Project: Attempt / Submission Requirement - Students must attempt/submit this assessment item to pass the course.
- Literature Review: Attempt / Submission Requirement - Students must attempt/submit this assessment item to pass the course.