This course provides students with knowledge and skills to analyse, interpret and evaluate media in the Primary Curriculum. The course introduces key concepts in media arts: media languages, media technologies, media narrative styles and media points of view to audiences. Through inquiry-based learning, collaboration and student-centred pedagogy, students will design and create relevant production tasks, build their skills with media forms, and explore the application of media arts equipment. Students will explore the role of TV, film, photography, posters and digital prints, radio, Apps and iPads when designing learning experiences and engage with traditional and digital media to build media arts competencies.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Summer 3 - 2019.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge and skills of media arts forms and equipment, and the communication of creative ideas to audiences, specifically in primary classroom learning contexts.
2. Demonstrate ability to create, analyse and appreciate media arts learning products through production processes and the application of communication technologies.
3. Demonstrate capacity to design effective media arts learning projects to build knowledge and skills in the primary classroom.
1. Building media arts skills and knowledge in pre-production, production and post-production: designing and applying media arts concepts to communicate key ideas to an intended audience.
2. Develop an ability to create, analyse and appreciate media arts learning products.
3. Use communication technologies in a creative way to tell stories and explore concepts for diverse purposes.
4. Designing learning across KLA’s with different media arts forms.
5. Engage in effective media literacy and media arts education in the Primary classroom.
To enrol in this course you must meet the Teacher Education Milestone and have successfully completed or be concurrently enrolled in EDUC3745.
Enrolment in this course is dependent on meeting the teacher education admission milestone of successful completion of
- Three HSC band 5s (including one in English) or
- 80 units of UoN courses or
- Regulatory authority approved comparable pathways or
- Commencement in the program pre 2016
Project: Media Arts Project
Project: Research Project