This course explores the principles and practices of teaching and learning Stage 6 Visual Arts in secondary schools. Students will explore course, programming and assessment requirements of the NSW Higher School Certificate for Visual Arts. Specific attention will be given to the communication and interpersonal skills of the pre-service art teacher and the importance of co-operation between the arts community, art institutions and schools; and management practices for Visual Arts teachers including risk, and financial and resource management.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Design assessment requirements for the NSW Higher School Certificate for Visual Arts.
2. Critically examine and Interpret the NSW Visual Art Higher School Certificate pedagogies and assessment
3. Communicate effectively.
4. Engage with schools, the art community and museums to plan learning experiences.
5. Display a knowledge of risk, finance and resource management when planning programs and assessment in the Senior Visual Art Classroom
- Pedagogies, programming and assessment for Stage 6 Visual Arts, using a range of strategies, technologies and resources
- Design assessment requirements for the NSW Higher School Certificate for Visual Arts
- Communication and co-operation with the arts community, art institutions and schools
- Risk, financial, and resource management in the Visual Arts classroom
Written Assignment: Programs
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Case Study
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Lecture: Attendance Requirement - Students must attend a minimum number of these sessions. - Students are required to have 80% attendance in order to pass the course.
- Tutorial: Attendance Requirement - Students must attend a minimum number of these sessions. - Students are required to have 80% attendance in order to pass the course.
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 6 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Integrated Learning will typically consist of a series of online activities.
Face to Face On Campus 8 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 16 hour(s) per Term Full Term