Students have the opportunity to design, implement and report a small research intervention focusing on physical education, physical activity or health in primary schools. This project is completed as part of their role as an intern/teacher in the school.
Availability2019 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2019
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of designing and implementing evidence-based physical education, physical activity and health interventions in primary schools
2. Demonstrate an understanding of assessment and evaluation in research and how it applies to physical education, physical activity and health interventions in primary schools
3. Demonstrate an understanding of how research is used to inform future practice in physical education, physical activity and health research.
4. Demonstrate valuing of physical education, physical activity and health research as a necessary part of the teaching profession
Students will develop the skills to be able to:
- Apply current inductive and/or deductive research methodologies in physical education, physical activity and health research in primary schools
- Effectively use assessment tools for gathering quality data and evaluating impact in physical education, physical activity and health research
- Report research appropriately and discuss implications
PUBH1030, EDUC2747, EDUC4016
Written Assignment: Critical Reflection
Presentation: Research Report & Presentation
Face to Face Off Campus 4 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 20 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Either timetabled or online learning as specified in the course outline. Number of tutorials depend on student numbers and staff viability. Lectures may be podcast. Course may be delivered on a weekly basis or in a block mode.