This elective course examines the programming of Team Sports in the Primary K-6 curriculum. Effective coaching strategies will be examined to enhance student performance.
- Summer 2 - 2022
This course replaces the following course(s): EDUC2514. Students who have successfully completed EDUC2514 are not eligible to enrol in EDUC3514.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate skill competency relating to a range of team sports;
2. Understand the safety issues affecting primary-aged participation in specific sports;
3. Apply effective coaching principles to correct and extend sports performances;
4. Demonstrate familiarisation with rules and tactics related to various sports;
5. Analyse sports using biomechanical principles.
Major activities may comprise:
- skills, tactics and safety techniques related to a range of approved sports programmed in NSW primary schools.
Students cannot enrol in this course if they have previously successfully completed EDUC2514.
Enrolment in this course is dependent on meeting the teacher education admission milestone of successful completion of
- Three HSC band 5s (including one in English) or
- 80 units of UoN courses or
- Regulatory authority approved comparable pathways or
- Commencement in the program pre 2016.
Practical Demonstration: Peer Presentation 60%
In Term Test: Exam 40%
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Field Study: There is a compulsory attendance requirement in this course. - Students must attend all field study components to pass the course
- Practical: There is a compulsory attendance requirement in this course. - A minimum of 80% attendance is required to pass the course
Face to Face Off Campus 8 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 12 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 16 hour(s) per Term Full Term
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.