This course provides an introduction to curriculum, pedagogy and assessment for teaching the Stage 6 Elective Technology Syllabi including Food/Textiles/Engineering/ICT. It provides students with an opportunity to understand the various discourses on current issues that inform teachers' knowledge and pedagogical practice as well as critically engaging with models of pedagogy. Students will also develop practical skills using and teaching Graphics and or programming and or Electronics/Robotics materials in the Stage 4 Technology Mandatory Syllabus in NSW.
- Semester 1 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Research and review stage 6 literature and resources.
2. Create challenging, engaging and digitally interactive resources suitable for stage 6 syllabi.
3. Demonstrate outcome based assessment practices when designing formal assessment tasks, rubrics and marking criteria.
4. Demonstrate the use of graphic/electronic/robotic skills in creating a product/system/environment and digital folio.
5. Demonstrate the teaching of numeracy skills when weighing, measuring, timing and programming to manufacture graphic/electronic/robotic items.
This course introduces students to:
- Stage 6 Elective Syllabus- Food/Textiles/Engineering/IPT/SDD,
- Stage 4 Mandatory Technology skills in Graphics and Electronics/Robotics,
- Planning Lessons, Programming/Unit of Work/Resources.
- Contemporary approaches to pedagogy (incl. the NSW Quality Teaching framework),
- Academic culture, literacy, numeracy and technacy,
- Design Process and Problem Based Learning,
- Teaching Strategies including: Student and Teacher Research, Case/Industry Studies, Primary Research, Using qualitative and quantitative data, Drawing valid conclusions.
- Principles/Types of Assessment,
- Consistency, Validity, Reliability,
- Whole School Assessment,
- Formal Assessment Tasks,
- Marking Criteria,
- Graphics and Electronics/Robotics,
To enrol in this course you must meet the Teacher Education Admission milestone. If you have successfully completed EDUC3031 you cannot enrol in this course.
Enrolment in this course is dependent on meeting the teacher education admission milestone of successful completion of - Three HSC band 5s (including one in English) or - 80 units of UoN courses or - Regulatory authority approved comparable pathways or - Commencement in the program pre 2016
Students should have completed EDUC1101 they would have enrolled in the Design and Technology tutoriaL, EDUC2145, and EDUC2245.
Proposal / Plan: Digital Teaching Resources
Essay: Assessment design task
Online 8 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Lectures and tutorials may be conducted on a weekly basis, or grouped in multiple day-long or half-day intensives.
Face to Face On Campus 16 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 8 hour(s) per Term Full Term