This course focuses on lifetime physical activity participation and will include: Fitness and exercise activity instruction, athletics, recreation and outdoor activities and aquatics.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 1 - 2017.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and skill competencies relating to a range of lifetime physical activities;
2. Gain knowledge and understanding of effective teaching and coaching principles/strategies to correct and extend performances in a variety of activity mediums;
3. Demonstrate an ability to analyse fitness activities, exercise programs and sports using exercise science and fitness principles;
4. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the importance of promoting a variety of activities to adolescents in a school and community setting;
5. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of risk assessment and the safety and legal issues regarding school-aged participation in a variety of activities.
This course focuses on lifetime physical activity participation and includes both theory and practical participation across four strands of learning being;
Fitness and exercise/activity instruction;Athletics (Track and Field events); Aquatics (focusing on the secondary school setting)Outdoor Education recreational activities.
This course integrates lifetime physical activity and recreation utilizing community facilities and recreational activities (including a compulsory outdoor education camp experience) with a focus on teaching and instruction of secondary school settings for lifetime recreational pursuits. Students will also learn to analyse and manage risk assessment for sport and physical activity in a variety of settings.
Students must be active in one of the following programs to enrol in this course:
B Teaching (Health & Phys Ed) (Honours) , B Education (Primary) , B Education (Primary) (Honours) , B Education (Secondary) , B Education (Secondary) (Honours) 
Written Assignment: Emergency Care Component
Formal Examination: Examination