This elective course examines a range of individual practical pursuits that are incorporated in the Physical Education domain of the K-6 syllabus. Emphasis is given to promoting healthy lifestyles especially through recreational (non-competitive) practical activities.
Availability2019 Course Timetables
- Winter - 2019
Port Macquarie Nth Coast Inst
- Semester 1 - 2019
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate skill and competency relating to a range of individual/recreational practical activities in a recreational camp setting;
2. Understand the legal and safety issues regarding primary-aged participation in specific practical activities;
3. Display competent planning and organisational skills;
4. Understand current issues in relation to primary school physical education and sport.
- Major activities may comprise:
- Outdoor Education pursuits (e.g. camping, orienteering)
- Physical Fitness
To enrol in this course, students must meet the teacher education admission milestones, if commencing a teaching program from commencement of 2016.
Enrolment in this course is dependent on meeting the teacher education admission milestone of successful completion of - Three HSC band 5s (including one in English) or - 80 units of UoN courses or - Regulatory authority approved comparable pathways or - Commencement in the program pre 2016
PUBH2030 (Callaghan / Port Macquarie students)
Practical Demonstration: Task 1 - Physical Fitness Circuit
Proposal / Plan: Task 2 - Lesson Plan
In Term Test: Examination
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Field Study: Attendance Requirement - Students must attend a minimum number of these sessions. - Attendance at the camp is a mandatory course component.
- Integrated Learning Session: Attendance Requirement - Students must attend a minimum number of these sessions. - A minimum of 80% attendance is required to pass the course
Callaghan and Port Macquarie Nth Coast Inst
Face to Face Off Campus 2 day(s) per Term Full Term
Any additional costs relating to an outdoor recreation camp will be at the student's expense.
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 20 hour(s) per Term Full Term
This course may be offered in weekly or compressed delivery mode.