Primary Kinetics 2
This elective course examines a range of individual practical pursuits that are incorporated in the Physical Education domain of the K-6 syllabus. Emphasis is given to promoting healthy lifestyles especially through recreational (non-competitive) practical activities.
- Semester 2 - 2016
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Skill and competency relating to a range of individual/recreational practical activities in a recreational camp setting;
2. An understanding of the legal and safety issues regarding primary-aged participation in specific practical activities;
3. Competent planning and organisational skills; and
4. Understanding of current issues in relation to primary school physical education and sport.
- Major activities may comprise:
- Outdoor Education pursuits (e.g. camping, orienteering)
- Physical Fitness
Enrolment in this course is dependent on meeting the teacher education admission milestone of successful completion of - Three HSC band 5s (including one in English) or - 80 units of UoN courses or - BOSTES approved comparable pathways or - Commencement in the program pre 2016
PUBH2030 (Callaghan / Port Macquarie students)
Practical Demonstration: Task 1 - Physical Fitness Circuit
Proposal / Plan: Task 2 - Lesson Plan
Written Assignment: Written Assessment
Face to Face Off Campus 2 day(s) per Term
Any additional costs relating to an outdoor recreation camp will be at the student's expense. Attendance at the camp is a mandatory course component.
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 20 hour(s) per Term
This course may be offered in weekly or compressed delivery mode.