This elective course examines the programming of Team Sports in the Primary K-6 curriculum. Effective coaching strategies will be examined to enhance student performance.
Availability2019 Course Timetables
- Summer 3 - 2019
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate skill competency relating to a range of team sports;
2. Understand the safety issues affecting primary-aged participation in specific sports;
3. Apply effective coaching principles to correct and extend sports performances;
4. Demonstrate familiarisation with rules and tactics related to various sports;
5. Analyse sports using biomechanical principles.
Major activities may comprise:
- skills, tactics and safety techniques related to a range of approved sports programmed in NSW primary schools.
To enrol in this course, students must meet the teacher education admission milestones, if commencing a teaching program from commencement of 2016.
Enrolment in this course is dependent on meeting the teacher education admission milestone of successful completion of - Three HSC band 5s (including one in English) or - 80 units of UoN courses or - Regulatory authority approved comparable pathways or - Commencement in the program pre 2016
Practical Demonstration: Peer Presentation
In Term Test: Exam
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Field Study: Attendance Requirement - Students must attend a minimum number of these sessions. - Students must attend all field study components to pass the course
- Practical: Attendance Requirement - Students must attend a minimum number of these sessions. - A minimum of 80% attendance is required to pass the course
Face to Face Off Campus 8 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 12 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 16 hour(s) per Term Full Term