This course introduces students to a range of court and striking sports and to the application of theoretically-based teaching and coaching strategies used to facilitate effective learning in these sports. The sports to be covered are: cricket, softball, netball, basketball, volleyball and tennis. Students will be given the opportunity to apply teaching and coaching strategies to practical game situations and to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding in each sport. PDHPE curriculum links will be made and practical assessment techniques will be explored for each of the sports.
Availability2021 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2021
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a range of court and striking sports (including the rules and tactics used in each sport);
2. Demonstrate a range of movement skills relating to court and striking sports;
3. Demonstrate the ability to analyse and apply theoretically based coaching and teaching practices and strategies;
4. Make effective links between learning court and striking sports and the PDHPE syllabus; and
5. Demonstrate understanding of effective assessment techniques used to evaluate performance in court and striking sports.
This course introduces students to a range of specific court and striking games. The sports to be covered are: cricket, softball, netball, basketball, volleyball, squash, badminton and tennis.
This course is only available to students enrolled in B Teaching (Secondary) / B Health & Phys Ed , B Teaching (Health & Phys Ed) (Honours), B Education (Primary) , B Education (Primary) (Honours) , B Education (Secondary) , B Education (Secondary) (Honours) , B Teaching (Primary) / B Arts , B Teaching (Primary) (Honours)  programs
Presentation: Presentations: Group and written rationale 30%
Performance: Performance 30%
In Term Test: Examination 40%
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term