This course is the production phase of the research driven design project researched, developed and prototyped in DESN4215 and DESN4220. Students are to complete a research driven design project that demonstrates independent creative thinking and a deeper understanding of visual communication design. Students will be expected to work closely with their supervisor to complete the research project which may include: explorations or reviews of theory; speculative or professional design practices; external stakeholders; collaboration with individuals or groups; outcomes from work integrated learning.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2018
Newcastle City Precinct
- Semester 2 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Effectively plan and complete the production phase of a design research project.
2. Demonstrate high-level effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
3. Work autonomously and collaboratively.
4. Produce a body of research driven design work commensurate to that of an early career designer.
5. Demonstrate the ability to carry out independent research in design.
6. Demonstrate visual communication skills to a professional standard.
The content of this course will be determined by the student in consultation with their supervisor in relation to what was proposed and developed in DESN4215 and DESN4220.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Design (Visual Communications) (Honours) program.
Proposal / Plan: Proposal / Plan - Individual, pair, or group
Project: Project/s - Individual, pair, or group
Callaghan and Newcastle City Precinct
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self-Directed 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term