Design Honours II
This course builds on DESN4220 and is the production phase of the design research project. Students are to realise a research project that demonstrates independent creative thinking and a deeper understanding of visual communications design. Students will be expected to work closely with their supervisor to complete the research project. The final form of the research project can be a written research project or a creative practical project as defined in DESN4220. The project may incorporate aspects of work-integrated learning.
- Semester 1 - 2016
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Effectively undertake the production phase of the design research project.
2. Demonstrate high-level effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
3. Work autonomously and collaboratively.
4. Utilize planning skills for successful project outcomes.
5. Demonstrate the ability to carry out independent research in design.
6. Produce a professional portfolio or body of work.
The content of the research project will be determined by the student in consultation with their supervisor. This may include a creative or practical project; work-integrated learning experience and/or a thesis appropriate to research undertaken at Honours level.
Project: Assignment 1 (Part B) - Design Research Project
Presentation: Assignment 1 (Part A) Work in progress presentation (non-assessable)
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self-Directed 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term