Studies issues related to the displaying of objects, which may include: 2D drawing primitives, homogeneous coordinates, curves and surfaces, 2D & 3D geometrical transformation, projections, geometric models, 3D viewing, visible-surface determination, illumination and shading, ray tracing, real time rendering, colour modes, computer vision.
Availability2019 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Appreciate mathematical fundamentals of computer graphics techniques.
2. Understand and appreciate computer graphics concepts.
3. Employ selected software to achieve interactive computer graphics.
4. Implement graphics effects.
5. Work within a group to complete a graphics project.
- Graphics pipeline
- Graphics algorithms
- Geometrical operations used in graphics
- Methods for modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Lighting models and colour
- Computer vision
Project: Project (multi component)
Written Assignment: Written Assessment (multi component)
Formal Examination: Formal Examination *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Minimum Grade / Mark Requirement - Students must obtain a specified minimum grade / mark in this assessment item to pass the course. - Students whose overall mark in the course is 50% or more, but who score less than 40% in the compulsory item and thus fail to demonstrate the required proficiency, will be awarded a Criterion Fail grade, which will show as FF on their formal transcript. However, students in this position who have scored at least 25% in the compulsory item will be allowed to undertake a supplementary 'capped' assessment in which they can score at most 50% of the possible mark for that item.
Face to Face On Campus 1.5 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
It is recommended that students attend lectures and labs regularly.
Face to Face On Campus 2.5 hour(s) per Week for Full Term