This course covers major writing genres associated with public relations. The course is based on developing understanding of the principles and skills applicable to good professional writing in public relations practice through an emphasis on the application of those skills to practical writing exercises.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Trimester 2 - 2019 (Singapore).
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Research, plan, and write a range of materials using appropriate styles and formats for public relations writing
2. Adopt efficient formats for effective presentation
3. Write competently paying attention to grammar, spelling, punctuation and syntax.
Topics will include:
- Research and planning for public relations
- Developing and writing persuasive messages
- Writing for social media and the web
- Writing a media release
Completion of all 1000-level courses within the Public Relations Major.
Written Assignment: Written Assignment A
Written Assignment: Written Assignment B