This course provides an introduction to media production for distribution on the World Wide Web. The course will utilise social media platforms to publish and promote student works. It will attract students from diverse backgrounds who are interested in developing multidisciplinary skills from the domains of Design, Communication and Information Technology. This is a hands-on course that will develop in-demand creative production skills for those looking for a career in social media and traditional media production.
Availability2019 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2019
- Semester 1 - 2019
- Trimester 3 - 2019 (Singapore)
This course replaces the following course(s): DESN2270. Students who have successfully completed DESN2270 are not eligible to enrol in CMNS2016.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate skills in the development and promotion of media content for the web
2. Display their ability to conceive, design and construct Web based media
3. Demonstrate an improved general understanding of the screen language of the Web
4. Demonstrate an ability to critically appraise their own and the work of others
This course will explore the creation of media content for distribution on the World Wide Web. Topics will include:
1. Basic website production and file management
2. Audio and video files in various formats
3. Moving images and interactive sequences
4. Narrative and interactive web design theory
5. The use of social media to share and promote media content
6. Aspects of Communication Theory.
This course replaces DESN2270. If you have successfully completed DESN2270, you cannot enrol in this course.
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Media for social media
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Interactive Media
Quiz: Online Quiz
Project: Final Project
Callaghan, Ourimbah and PSB Singapore
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 13 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks