The ability to accurately record audio and video material is a foundational skill for people working in the media and the broader creative industries. Through the development of content using mobile technology, students will learn the professional and technical skills required to record media projects for a range of media platforms. Through hands on experience, and using industry standard documentation students will plan and record material for a media project that demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to construct narratives by capturing content.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Trimester 3 - 2020 (Singapore)
- Semester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Record, edit and mix audio content for various platforms using mobile and bring-your-own-technology;
2. Record and edit screen content for various platforms using mobile and bring-your-own-technology;
3. Plan and record material for projects that combine audio and screen content;
4. Competently assess copyright laws, and risk and WHS requirements for professional field practice.
Topics will include:
- Introduction to audio and video capture using mobile devices.
- Introductory media production recording techniques for fast turnaround content environments.
- Audio and video digital formats and file management.
- Digital capture terminology, concepts and techniques.
- Introductory editing and mixing for narrative and non-narrative storytelling
- Planning and producing media products and project
Professional Task: Audio and Screen Recording in the Field - 20%
Journal: Reflection on Field Audio and Screen Recording - 20% *
Proposal / Plan: Field Project Work-In-Progress and Reflection - 30%
Project: Field Project - 30%
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
Callaghan and PSB Singapore
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 9 Weeks starting in week 1
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks starting in week 2