This course is Part A of a multi-term sequence. Over two 10 units courses, students will conduct an independent research study in the form of a literature review, an experimental or theoretical investigation, an engineering design problem etc. Results are communicated in the form of a seminar, poster and final report.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2020
- Semester 2 - 2020
This course is part of a multi-term sequence. Both Part A and Part B must be completed to meet the requirements of the sequence. Part A and Part B must be completed in consecutive terms. Students must complete Part A before completing Part B. Students must complete the sequence within a twelve month period. If students complete Part A but are unable to complete Part B within the timeframe, they must re-enrol in Part A.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Use their initiative in an area of self-selected engineering interest
2. Demonstrate initiative through the work performed
3. Critically analyse the work performed previously by others
4. Critically assess the achievements, limitations and further requirements of their own work
5. Demonstrate an appreciation of the state-of-the-art in the selected area
6. Demonstrate an advanced ability to communicate the objectives and outcomes of the work
This course is a self-directed project with a member of academic staff as supervisor.
Presentation: Preliminary Seminar
Written Assignment: Progress Report
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term