Independent research study in the form of a literature review, an experimental or theoretical investigation, an engineering design problem etc.
- Semester 2 - 2016
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Use their initiative in an area of self selected engineering interest.
2. Demonstrate initiative through the work performed.
3. Critically analyse the work performed previously by others.
4. Critically assess the achievements, limitations and further requirements of his/her own work.
5. Demonstrate an appreciation of the state-of-the-art in the selected area.
6. Demonstrate, through oral and written presentations, an ability to communicate the objectives and outcomes of the work.
A self directed project under the supervision of a member of academic staff involving two 15 minute seminars and a written report of the project. Course involves instruction in presentation skills and library use.
A student should have completed sufficient courses to be able to complete their program requirements in the year of enrolment.
Exhibition / Poster: Poster
Presentation: Seminar *
Report: Final Written Report
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Presentation: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course. - To pass this course, students must obtain 50% or more in the oral component.
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
With individual supervisors.