This course involves completion and submission of a research thesis/project on the student's chosen area of Chinese studies.
Not currently offered.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Appropriate understanding of specific issues and concepts related to an aspect of their chosen area of study in Chinese
2. Substantial knowledge of the materials and sources relating to these issues
3. Critical skills necessary for undertaking an extended research thesis/project at the Honours level
In tandem with CHIN4170, this course involves the completion and submission of a research dissertation or thesis in an area of the student's choice in Chinese studies. Where appropriate, joint Honours thesis will be considered in consultation with staff in disciplines concerned. It is important that the student is able to undertake independent research under supervision or through directed readings and consultation with the assigned supervisor.
To enrol into this course students must be active in the following programs:
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) , or
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) .
Successfully completed degree with major in Chinese with credit or above.