Advanced Spoken Chinese I
A comprehensive language course designed for students who have achieved proficiency at an intermediate level. Particular emphasis is on developing students' ability to use the language competently in real life situations, including conducting conversations and writing practical compositions in Modern Standard Chinese.
Not currently available.
1. The ability to converse in Modern Standard Chinese with advanced proficiency,
2. The ability to translate simple conversations into and from Chinese at advanced level,
3. A good level of appreciation of Chinese culture and society
This course will cover:
- Intensive training in communication skills (speaking and listening)
- A series of texts on topics that are of interest to students: campus life and family, aspects of Chinese culture, oral expression.
- Grammatical structures an advanced level.
- Interpreting skills at paraprofessional level.
CHIN2101 and 2102 or equivalent.
In Term Test: 2 x Listening Tests
In Term Test: 2 x Speaking Tests