A comprehensive language course designed for students who have achieved proficiency at an intermediate level. Particular emphasis is on developing students' ability to use the language competently in real life situations, including conducting conversations and writing practical compositions in Modern Standard Chinese.
Not currently offered.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understand spoken Chinese at an advanced undergraduate level.
2. Converse in Chinese at an advanced undergraduate level.
3. Translate simple conversations from and into Chinese at advanced level.
This course will cover:
- Intensive training in communication skills (speaking and listening)
- A series of texts on topics that are of interest to students: campus life and family, aspects of Chinese culture, oral expression.
- Grammatical structures an advanced level.
- Interpreting skills at paraprofessional level.
CHIN2101 and 2102 or equivalent.
In Term Test: Listening Test 1 (25%)
In Term Test: Listening Test 2 (25%)
In Term Test: Speaking Test (25%)
In Term Test: Speaking and Translation Test (25%)
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.