Businesses and governments have massive data available to them with which to make systematic strategic decisions. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning can process and provide fast turnover of these very large amounts of information. This course is designed to provide students with knowledge related to established and emerging developments of AI in organisations using real-world examples. Applications of AI in various areas including finance, fraud detection, customer relationship management, and human resources management will be discussed.
Not currently offered.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the main concepts of Artificial Intelligence and machine learning
2. Demonstrate understanding of how to operationalise Artificial Intelligence and machine learning
3. Identify key areas to apply Artificial Intelligence and machine learning techniques within a business organisation
4. Discuss advantages and the risk of using Artificial Intelligence and machine learning techniques for strategic decision making
The topics in this course include:
- Introduction to artificial intelligence (AI)
- Business applications of machine learing and personalisation
- AI-driven business and government transformation
- AI in the organisational structure
- Benefits and risks of using AI for decision making
BUSA1001 Introduction to Business Information Systems
BUSA2001 Big Data Analytics
Quiz: Mid Term Quiz
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Case Study and Report on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in business
Formal Examination: Final Exam
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.